Friday, May 8, 2009

Day 31

One month in.

This week, the husband was out of town, so I relaxed the screen time restriction considerably. Are we happier? No.

With movies running in the background, my 3-year-old phrenetically acts out scenes and switches from character to character. I watch him and wonder if the on screen stimulation is too much for him or if he is so inspired by it he wants to do his own creating. This week, after time away from ol' TV, the intensity with which he acted out the scenes seemed to increase.

As for myself, I am a jittery, jangly mess. That might have something to do with the fact that I've been tending to kids without my mate. Or it might mean I've just gotten blasted by computer, TV, movie time.

We are headed to Los Angeles in the morning. How ironic, I think, that we are vacationing in the bellybutton of the simulacrum we all call home. I'll be posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment