Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day 29


Today marks four weeks since we started this experiment. It is a very relaxed experiment this week due to the fact that my husband is out of town and it is me me me 24/7. The kids need some form of entertainment.

But I have been striving to have them watch movies instead of TV, for the most part. This morning we screened Bambi

We didn't make it to the end due to the violence and dark adult themes. Who knew? Just goes to show you that parental vigilance doesn't end when a film is rated G.

Last night I felt a great deal of shame when I left the TV on as I did housework after the kids went to bed and looked up to see that Tyler Perry's House of Payne had been playing for about an hour without my noticing it. No wonder I felt a drain. No, I don't watch that show. Why was it on? Loneliness. Another big reason why TV has become such a fixture in our culture. Next time, music will be my background companion. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment